Monday, October 19, 2009

The Weekend Update - We got "Booed"

After our big time the other night, we had a pretty low key weekend.  I love quiet weekends!

I think the biggest excitement around here was that we were "BOO"ed!" 

Every Fall, our neighborhood has a tradition of doing a "Boo."  Basically, neighbors surprise each other with a pumpkin full of goodies. 

The rules are easy - once you've been "BOO'ed," you have one day to fill two plastic pumpkins with treats and spread the Fall cheer to two more neighbors.  Of course, all of this has to be done on the sly! 

After you're done, then hang your pumpkin on your mailbox.  By Halloween each year, our street is full of orange pumpkins and it just puts everyone in the best mood.  I'm not sure who loves it more, the kids or the adults!



Each pumpkin has a little poem with it that includes  instructions.  Here's the one that our neighborhood used  - (it was a little scary for young kids, so I made a couple of edits).

You've Been "BOO"ed!

The air is cool, the season Fall,
Soon Halloween will come to all.


The excitement comes when friends like you,
Copy this note and make it two.


We'll all have smiles upon our faces,
No one will know who "BOO"ed who's places!


Just one short day to work your spell,
Keep it secret, hide it well.


Please join the fun, the seasons here .
Just spread these "BOO's" and Autumn cheer.


For more info on the "Boo," check out this article :)

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog!! And so happy I did! We used to do this when I lived in Texas ... but not so much here in NY, obvious reasons, Texans are just plain nicer! LOL! I hope you can stop by for a look at my blog, or two ... ;) take care! Fab job! http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my misadventures! I would love for you to drop me a line. Reading your comments is so much fun!