Monday, October 5, 2009

The Weekend Update - Tigers and Tea Parties

Geaux Tigers!  Whew, that was a close one ... again.  The Tigers squeaked out another win with a great game against Georgia.  I love when LSU plays other SEC teams ... there's nothing better! 

I actually snuck out of the house during the game and ran a couple of errands.   No worries, though!  The games were on in the paint store, oh and the grocery store, oh and in the fabric store, too! 

I was a multi-tasking Little Mama - running errands and catching the games all around town at the same time!

I stopped by the fabric store and checked out the remnants rack, which was an additional 30% off the already discounted price. Yay!  

I picked up this fabric  for the kitchen



This is my kitchen window - can't you just hear it crying because it's so sad?  (Sniff)



BTW, I can't sew to save my life.  I've been known in a desperate moment to staple my hem and color the staple with a black sharpie.  True story. 

I'm so excited because Saturday night I used The Nester's tutorial and "mistreated" my window -- that means no sew, y'all!  I was so nervous that my feet were sweating on the counter :) ... but I think it came out looking pretty good ... even Big Daddy, who was freaked out by the upholstery tacks, was impressed in the end.  More on that & pics to follow another day ... 

Sunday it rained all day.  I was hoping it would bring cooler or even "Fallish" weather, but no go.  Just more humidity. 

Sunday morning we headed to church and the girls wore dresses from my sweet in-laws.  

Sister showing off her nature's treasure - an acorn



Bitty Baby in her sweet dress - but she's saying, "Please, I'm busy people.  I need to get to Sunday School."



Church was really good.  In Sunday School, we're studying the seven deadly sins and the lesson was on envy.  We talked about how envy is not just about material things, but envying qualities in others.  It was also communion Sunday and the sermon was about seeing the light of Christ on the faces of others ... good stuff all the way around!

When we got home, it was pouring down rain.  I had to catch up on my Bible study for that night and decided that I was going to create my own Fall weather.  So, I threw on some sweats, cranked down the AC and made a pot of tea.

                               

I drank out of my Grandmother's Desert Rose tea cup ...  she loved pink and green

                             

While I was enjoying the solitude, Sister came through the dining room, saw the tea and said, "Wouldn't it be lovely if we drank tea together?" 

How could I resist? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my misadventures! I would love for you to drop me a line. Reading your comments is so much fun!