Saturday, October 3, 2009

Frugalista Finds - Score at Goodwill!

Just a quick post before LSU kicks off against Georgia.  Geaux Tigers! 

This week I went to my new favorite place for bargains, Goodwill, to look for some fun things for the house.  This time, my friend went with me and we had so much fun!  Treasure hunting is always more fun with a friend!

So, here are my latest finds:

These two cute necklaces for 99 cents each.  Fun with a white or black top for LSU games



Boring but practical, this three-tiered shelf for my pantry.  I already have a few from Wal-Mart and love these for organizing cabinets ... but this is the only one I paid .79 cents for  :)



I picked up this file tray for a desktop - just 99 cents.  I thought it would really look cute painted a color and shabbied up a bit for my desk.  But, sadly, it's too big.  (My "office" is a little nook in our kitchen).  So, I think I'm going to paint it for Big Daddy's desk.  Maybe Hammered Bronze? I love spray paint!



During a previous Goodwill stop, I picked up two Mikasa crystal figures for Christmas. They were only 99 cents each!

A sweet angel






And, a nutcracker.




I'm thinking these would look pretty on our dining room table with some gold mesh material, candles and gold ornaments.  Thinking, thinking, thinking ...




My Mama (a.k.a my unofficial decorator) gave approval for the angel, but said "Nutcrackers have always scared me."  Learned something new about you, Mama!

Now that I look, he does kind of have angry eyes .... maybe we'll put him on the end of the table with Big Daddy and Mama can sit on the other end with the angel :)



Speaking of angry eyes, it's time for me to go and put on my Tiger Eyes, oh and my new beads, too! 



There are a bunch of great SEC games on today.  And, of course, GEAUX TIGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my misadventures! I would love for you to drop me a line. Reading your comments is so much fun!