Friday, October 16, 2009

Anniveraries, Tex Mex & U2

This is a big week for me and Big Daddy - it's the week of our wedding anniversary! 

On our anniverary, I came home to  the BEST surprise - a dozen red roses and even better than that ... a CLEAN house! 

Sister helped Big Daddy and she was so sweet ... she was practically waiting for me on the driveway when I got home to show me all of their hard work!  So cute!




Since having little ones, Big Daddy and I don't get out like we used to ... in fact, we've never really even left our peeps overnight.  But, we thought it was time and decided to do a test run for our anniversary.  (So grateful to my mom and sister for keeping our girls!)

 
So, we got a wild hair and went to see ...





U2!!!

I don't have a bucket list, but if I did, seeing U2 would definitely be on it!  The stadium where they played was open at the top, so we could see the stars while we enjoyed the concert.  Awesome!



The stage was crazy ... NASA helped with the design and it was a space station, complete with a disco ball on top!



There was a screen at the top that broadcast the concert 360 degrees, so there wasn't a bad seat in the house



Bono ... so good!



The Edge



They played all of my favorite songs, so I was one happy girl!  I thought "With or Without You" would be my favorite ... that was really, really good.  Bono used a lighted microphone that was a swing, too. (Okay, I realize that makes no sense, but it was crazy!)



But, I think a surprise and my favorite part of the show was when they played Amazing Grace.  Wow!  It was so beautiful and everyone was singing along ...

After the concert, one of the best parts of night, was getting to see my best friend and her husband!  We have been friends since kindergarten!  Wow!  So blessed to have her friendship!

Before heading home, Big Daddy and I hit a place we've heard a lot about ...



The creamy jalepeno sauce lived up to its repuation! Holy Cow that was good Tex Mex!  :) 

What a great time ... it's amazing how just a little time away from the daily grind makes the laundry pile look a little smaller :)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, as usual. Thanks for the shout out! I really value our friendship so much and I was so glad we were able to get together like this. What a fantastic night!

    BTW, I totally agree with you that my favorite part of the concert was singing Amazing Grace. That song always makes me think of Grannie and I start to cry. All the more poignant. It was nice to be able to share this with you.

    It was so wonderful to see you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my misadventures! I would love for you to drop me a line. Reading your comments is so much fun!