Monday, December 28, 2009

The Christmas Update

Yay!  I finally have a new computer!  Thank y'all so much for the suggestions.  I really appreciate it!  We were able to pick up a Dell for a really great deal, thanks to the Christmas specials. 


Oh, but it would have been nice to pick up a Mac!  I had one in college ... in fact it was my first computer and I loved it!  One day!  BTW, the first laptop we brought home crashed right away.  My sister is a huge Mac fan and said, "It's a sign ... go get a Mac." :)



We really had a nice Christmas.  We stayed here in town and had everyone over to our house.  Bitty Baby has been sick with a cold for a couple of weeks and she took a turn for the worse on Christmas Eve.  

Right after opening presents Christmas morning, she threw up everywhere.  Big Daddy and I just started laughing hysterically because whatcha going to do?  





I'm so glad my family braved the germs and came anyway!    It was so much fun to be around my girls and my niece and nephew.  Kids make Christmas so much fun!








My sister gave Sister a personalized set of scrubs.  Oh my goodness, they are hysterical!  She had so much fun listening to everyone's heart with the stethoscope.





I think is my favorite pic from the day.  My mom gave Bitty Baby a rocking dog and she loved it!  I just love the look on Sister's face ... so sweet.





The next morning, Bitty Baby did not look well at all and so we brought her to the doctor.  I'm so glad we did!  It ended up that she has a mild case of pneumonia.  After a shot and some antibiotics, she is feeling so much better!  We were supposed to go out of town to visit Big Daddy's family, but it looks like we're staying here for now so little one can get some rest.


I hope you had a Merry Christmas!  I've really been trying to soak in the true meaning of Christmas ... our Savior's birth. Every year I say I'm going to slow down and every year, things just get so hectic.  This goal is definitely a work in progress for me!


Now that Christmas is over, I've been thinking a lot about Mary and what she must have been thinking. Being a mom brings a whole new meaning to the Nativity for me.   


This fall, I did Beth Moore's "Jesus the One and Only" study and really enjoyed our time learning more about the birth of Jesus.




I love the verse from Luke's version of the Nativity that talks about what Mary was thinking when the shepherds visited Jesus and spread the news of His birth ...


But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19



What a sweet verse because Mamas really do ponder so much in their hearts about their little ones.  I think the time right after Christmas is really my favorite because I'm able to quietly ponder the true meaning of season.


On a completely silly note, I have a hair appointment tomorrow and am in the mood for a new do for the New Year!  My hair is naturally wavy and it's gotten so much darker and curlier since I've had my girls. I have to straight iron my hair everyday and I'm thinking about going crazy and going curly.  






I think I'm going to bring this pic tomorrow .... we'll see if I actually go through with it ... ha!




P.S. - Excuse the formatting on this post.  Windows 7 and I are still trying to work out our friendship. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you try the new hair! Can't wait to see a pic!

    Glad Bitty Baby is feeling better. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my misadventures! I would love for you to drop me a line. Reading your comments is so much fun!