Friday, August 14, 2009

Maui Madness


One of my favorite trips was to Maui, Hawaii. Of course, this was in our pre-K(pre-kids) years :)

I remember that when I got these pictures back, I thought they didn't do justice to how pretty Maui really is ...but, pulling these out now just makes me want to go back!

Guess these were taken before our digital days ... I don't think I realized until the end of our trip that the date setting was turned on!

Here is the pool and the view at the resort where we stayed ...


One of Maui's famous sunsets


View of Lahaina before dinner one night


The flowers are so beautiful in Hawaii. Here's a bird of paradise at our hotel.



And, a beautiful flower we saw on the Road to Hana


One of my favorite things we did was go to a Luau. The food was so good and the entertainment was even better. I can't remember the name of the Luau, but it was awesome. I even saw it featured on the Travel Channel one time.



We also went to Molakini to snorkel, which was amazing!


I got a little sea sick once we were out there, but it was fun all the same. This is the only time I've snorkeled and it was harder than I thought it would be.



But, definitely worth seeing some of the beautiful things hidden underwater. This is one of the protected sea turtles that we saw while snorkeling. It came right up to us and hung around for awhile!



There are so many beautiful parts of Maui and all are so different ... the Hawaii Blue water, the Road to Hana, volcanic craters, and the mountains. This was our view back to the island from
Molakini.



I hope we can go back one day, or get the chance to see another island. Also, on the wish list : Disney with the girls, the Greek Isles, and Italy. But, right about now, a good old trip to Sonic sounds pretty good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my misadventures! I would love for you to drop me a line. Reading your comments is so much fun!