Friday, January 8, 2010

Read and Run for 2010



Please forgive the formatting ... I have no idea how to fix this!  It looks normal in the preview and compose mode, but a mess in the post.  Does anyone have any tips?

One of my favorite things is a clean slate.  So, I always get excited about making changes for the New Year.  I have to admit that I've never been very good about keeping New Year's resolutions.  But, this year will be different!


I've made a few for this year that hopefully I'll be able to keep.  I think if I can accomplish the first one ... maybe I'll be able to get to the others ... :)  .


Changes for 2010


1.  Get more organized.

I love things in order and organized, but oh my, 
things have gotten a little out of control lately! I spend
way too much time looking for things around here
or doing the same work over and over. 

The #1 reason this is at the top of my list is that I want to spend more fun time with my little family.  I love the saying
"Behind every good mom is a pile of dirty laundry."
But, gee, it doesn't have to be 6 piles that take all day to
finish :).

Last summer I bought this book,
of good tips on getting organized room by room ....even
down to the linen closet.  It also has a "Daily Hit List" to help organize to dos.  Linen closet .... here I come!


                        




2.  Read and Run


I once saw an interview with a successful exec and he
said the key to his success was that he reads and
runs every day.  That really stuck with me!

I really, really want to finish a 5K this year without
stopping.  Or throwing up ... ha!  There's a race in
March around here, so I think I might shoot for that one! 

Also, I've always loved to read and used to read a ton
of books.  But, after college, grad school, work and now staying home with our two girls, it's been a loooong time since I've picked a book for fun.  I'm really excited about this one and hope I can stick to it.  I got a little fired up at the library and picked up not one, but these three books to start. 

                                  



                                    

 

                                  
   
 Maybe I should simmer down a little!  :)


3. Marriage vows

Last but not least ... Big Daddy and I made 5 resolutions
for our marriage.  We've been married 8 years and
never done this!  I think my favorite one is to have
date night at least once a month. 
   
Between Big Daddy's work schedule and having two
little ones, we've never been very good at doing this. 
We have our babysitter booked and plans for
Saturday night and I'm SOOO excited!

Out of all the hopes for 2010, I really want to look back
and see that we kept everyone of the resolutions we made together!


Thanks for stopping by my blog!  What are your resolutions for the New Year?

To link back to Kelly, click here.

3 comments:

  1. Good list! Makes me wanna get more organized! I love the idea of read and run!
    Good Luck to You
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have pretty much the same goals this year! Love it! I am already working on getting organized and it can be frustrating! :) So much stuff, the good part is all the donations! I want to read more too and you gave some great choices!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey little Mama,

    just stopping by to let you know that you won pretty DaySpring bag from Nesting Place. I announce you and the other winners tomorrow at the end of the post with a link to your choice of bags.

    when you get a chance, email me with which bag you want nestergirl at gmail com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my misadventures! I would love for you to drop me a line. Reading your comments is so much fun!