Monday, September 21, 2009

Rose of Montana

We have the most beautiful vine growing on the fence.  It's a Rose of Montana or Coral Vine.  The flowers remind me a lot of Lily of the Valley, one of my favorites.  I love the hot pink flowers with bright green leaves.  It's usually at its peak in late September, dies back during the Winter, and reappears in late Spring.  









The only thing about this vine is that the bees love it.  So, it's covered with these guys from morning until dusk.  Then they head home and come back again the next day.  This one is planted on the driveway, so it keeps things interesting when people come by to visit and get out of their cars!  Still, it's worth it, epsecially because it's truly no maintenance - my kind of plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my misadventures! I would love for you to drop me a line. Reading your comments is so much fun!