Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Holy Lemon Squares!

Sunday, we stayed home from church since the girls were under the weather. But, that evening I was able to head to  my Bible study. I look forward to our meeting every week and we have such an awesome group of girls! 

This Spring, we are doing Beth Moore's The Inheritance and like the others I've done, it doesn't disappoint.  Did you know I'm an heiress and so are you ?  :)



This study is a little different than the ones I've taken before because it has no homework.  I tried to embed the Inheritance promo video, but no such luck.  But, you can see it here! (You'll need to scroll down about halfway down the page).  If you have a chance to join a Beth Moore study, you won't regret it!

Each week, we take turns bringing a meal for the class. We have enjoyed some of the best food! This Sunday, it was my turn to bring one of the desserts and I tried a new Lemon Square recipe.

My old standby is from our local Junior League cookbook, but it hasn't turned out right the last few times I made it. The lemon filling doesn't set as firmly as I would like.


So, I broke my cardinal rule and tried a new recipe for the first time before bringing it somewhere. Yes, I'm living on the edge :). I made the Lemon Square recipe in this month's Southern Living and it turned out great.

I have some ideas for a little tweaking (like adding a little more lemon zest), but the problem is I would have to make another batch.  And, well, considering lemon squares are one of my favorites, I'm pretty sure I would embarrassment myself with the leftovers!  :)

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my misadventures! I would love for you to drop me a line. Reading your comments is so much fun!